Sunday, January 16, 2011

why do i do it?
why do i run?
i run and it hurts [ a good hurt].
this hurt causes a strange phenomenon-
i become me.
like an emotional cadaver,
i am exposed and raw.
no pretending, no facades.

because of this:
i am given the opportunity to reflect.
to not read in between the lines.
i can see the me i want others to see.
my unimportant world fades-
and my important one becomes clearer.


"My PRs will never garner attention or generate awards. But when I run, I am 100
percent me- my strengths and weaknesses play out like a cracked- open diary, my
emotions often as raw as the chafing from my jog bra. In my ultimate moments of
vulnerability, I am twice the woman I was when I though I was meant to look
pretty on the sidelines. Sweaty and smiling, breathless and beautiful: runing
helps us all shine. A lesson worth passing along."
- Kristin Armstrong


the canals.
1100 north.
old, familiar paths of accidentally discovering myself.
again, and again, and again. . .

i only have winter shots. but i think that the snow is magically beautiful.




my favorite


i love that i caught this girl sledding

home.

1 comment:

  1. in case you were wondering, you are a really great writer and you should write more often and i'm really glad you are embracing your blog more :)love you lots!

    ReplyDelete