Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's up with my tree obsession? It just popped up one day a little over a year ago.
Every tree that I see seems to be telling me a story. Whether it whispers it, yells it, or sings it-the song always manages to find a way into my ear.
Every tree is beautiful to me. It can just be a little stick poking out of the cement in the middle of a dirty metropolitan area. But it doesn't matter, I still love it- and some kind of unexplainable emotion wells up inside of me at the sight.
You know in new classes, when they occasionally have little "get to know you" activities/assignments? Well I can never think of anything unique or clever to do/bring (as I'm sure is the case for most people).
"Hey, lemme run around the room for ya. Or maybe I'll go outside and come back all sweaty.
Last spring in my English class I had run across this dilemma yet again. But this time a brilliant epiphany popped into my head faster than usual. I would make a slideshow of trees. Perhaps not very normal.
But me nonetheless.
I think that at least my teacher enjoyed it, because after I presented he proceeded to tell me about the old American Elm behind the Provo City courthouse.
It looked like an extremely overgrown bonzai tree.
Needless to say, the next time I went home I went to see it.
Ariel loving the old elm.
I couldn't get the whole tree in one shot because the branches were so widespread. Beautiful, but not very photogenic.




Ariel knows me so well. She takes pictures of trees and tags me in them on Facebook.


You can expect many more pictures of trees. Have no doubt about that.



2 comments:

  1. I know that last tree! It's on the trail to Ben Lomond Peak isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is joe! i haven't actually been there. ariel just tagged me in the pict. on facebook.

    ReplyDelete