Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Endless

Oftentimes I gaze at the lives of others and compare them to my own.

Perhaps not such an uncommon pastime.

I am inspired, awed, motivated and comforted by their:

experiences, insights, accomplishments.

Oftentimes I feel:

inferior, unaccomplished, directionless.

Perhaps not such uncommon feelings.

Will I ever do?

What it is that I want to do?

For days I'll be on the right path-

only to slip up and feel like I'm right back at the beginning.

Habits I think have been vanquished reappear.

I need only to step back and realize:

“We all want progress. But if you're on the wrong road,

progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road;

in that case, the man who turns back soonest-

is the most progressive.” -C.S. Lewis

I do that.

I get stuck– swirling and frustrated.

But I always make it back to the right.

What comfort this brings.

Small and simple things.

I find excitement in wondering-

what will be my great things?


No comments:

Post a Comment