Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sometimes all we need is a little reminder that we matter. And that what we do matters.
I had one of those reminders today- as I went out for a 6:45 run this morning.

I went out a little distressed and confused. For the last [almost] two years of my life, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do for, well, the rest of my life! [A predicament that I'm sure many of you have been/are/will be stuck in]
I know the type of person who I would like to be. And the process of being the person I want to become has been so rewarding.
But it's time that I uncover hidden, dusty parts of myself that haven't yet been manifest to the world.
How can I influence others, and my future family? What path should I take?
I know what I love to do: run. Surprise.
But I just feel like there's something about me that I don't know yet. Something that Heavenly Father knows and is just waiting patiently for me to discover.
How can I discover it?

Back to the run.
I guess the answer came when I stopped at the temple and watched the sunrise from the grounds.
Breathtaking.
And I didn't get an answer to what I should do-
but I got an answer of comfort that I will find out, and if I keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and at least make starts along new paths [leaps into the dark, but not blindly], then I'll be ok.
That word, ok, feels so good in my mouth right now.
I'll be ok.
My life will be ok. And not only ok, but amazing. Awe-inspiring. Beautiful. Divine.
I matter. And I know that I matter.
And that's all there really is to it.

“This hill though high I covent ascend;
The difficulty will not me offend;
For I perceive the way of life lies here.
Come, pluck up, heart; let's neither faint nor fear. ”
John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment